The continuous development of drilling technology helps people to perform the deep well, horizontal well, directional drilling jobs more easily and widely. As the hole depth increases, the extension of the drilling cycle, the complication of the well, the friction between the drill pipe and casing wear also increases the difficulty in the drilling process as follows:
1. casing wear or wear out;
2. large torque, easily causes drill string damaged accident;
3. easily to get pressure differential sticking
We have developed a series of split non-rotating drill pipe protectors and solved this problem. Non-rotating drill pipe protectors can transmit the drill string torque efficiently, reduce wear between the drill pipe and casing.
Features and Benefits:
* Positive protection against casing and riser wear during drilling operations.
* Significant torque reduction allows for improved ROP.
* Compatible with most oil, synthetic and water based drilling fluids.
* Optimum operating performance range of 30-250 RMP
* Reduces drill string and surface equipment stress.
* Sleeve is made up of special polymer material, and the collar is made up of special aluminum alloy, this gives the complete body light weight and strength.
* Max. Temperature up to 150 ℃
*Simple structure, easy to operate and disassembly
The wear resistant sleeve is installed next to the joint of the drill pipe, which was made up of special polyurethane material, and its O.D larger than the drill pipe joints. and two collars are installed on the drill pipe to fix position, so, the sleeve can protect the joints in such case, to avoid direct contact with the drill pipe and casing, so that under normal drilling conditions, the steel-steel wear between drill pipe and casing becomes the wear between drill pipe and sleeve(the sleeve does not rotate), the coefficient of friction of polyurethane is much lower than steel, meanwhile it has good abrasion resistance (wear resistance of polyurethane is 400-500 times better than cast iron), so use this protectors can reduce the torque of transmission and the wear between drill pipe and casing significantly.
1 collar 2 Protective sleeve
Diagram of the structure for drill pipe protector
IV. Main dimensions and performance indicators
|Axial compressive strength, KN||Radial compressive strength, KN|
3, Drill pipe protector assembly
|Flow area, cm2/I.D of the outer casing, mm|
4, Main material performance
Max. Temperature (℃): 150
Impact of elasticity (%): 30 – 35
Hardness (Shore A): 93 ~ 97
Max. Elongation (%): 400 – 500
Tensile strength (MPa): 45 ~ 50
300% modulus (MPa): 20 ~ 25
Tensile never change (%): 5 ~ 10
Tear Strength (KN / m): 154 ~ 170
Ake lower wear (g/1.61km): 0.025
Compressive strength (MPa): 315
Tensile strength (MPa): 287
V. Operation requirement
1. Check the quantity& completeness of bolts for the collar and pins for the sleeve before using.
2. Install the bottom of the collar first, open the collar and install it at a given position, with a special wrench to tighten bolts.
3. Take out the pins from the sleeve by using the special tool, open and set the sleeve above the collar on the drill pipe, then tighten it with the special tool(pin head up).
4. Installed the top collar in the same way as the bottom one..
5. Check the sleeve and collar on every time spud in and out, replace them with new ones when they get abnormal wear & excessive wea.
Dear customer, if you are interested in our products, welcome to contact us!